How long will it take before I can move in?

After placing a Holding Deposit (which ensures the property is taken off the market) and paying admin fees referencing will be carried out which usually takes between 3-5 working days. Upon acceptance of referencing, payment of all outstanding balances and signing the tenancy, you will be able to move into your property.


What references to you need from me?

We use a third party company for Referencing called Homelet. Meaning all you need to do is complete a referencing form with all necessary information and return it back to us. You will need to include personal information alongside employment, landlord and bank details. Once completed, Homelet will carry out referencing and send us a report back usually within 3 – 5 working days.


How much deposit do I need to pay? Where is this held? When will I get my deposit back?

We require a 6 week Security Deposit. This is held in a scheme authorized by government to protect your deposit. For further information, please see Your security deposit will be returned at the end of the tenancy upon inspection of the property, a check-out inventory, payment of all final bills and keys returned.


Who do I contact in case of an emergency?

In case of a maintenance emergency, please contact our maintenance team on 07703698334 and email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

In case of any other emergencies, please contact the relevant authorities.


What happens when my tenancy ends?

Once you have reached the end of the fixed period of your tenancy, it will continue on for a month-on-month basis. We will contact you to confirm whether you would like to renew your tenancy.  If you would like to serve notice to terminate, we require one months’ written notice.


What happens if I break my contract?

If you break you contract before the end of your fixed period, you will forfeit your deposit and will be liable for the remaining rent until the end of your tenancy.


Will the landlord visit the property during my tenancy?

The landlord is obligated to allow the tenant quiet enjoyment of the Property during the tenancy without any unlawful interruption from the Landlord or any person lawfully claiming under or in trust for the Landlord. If the landlord requires to inspect the property, a minimum of 24 hours’ notice must be provided to the tenant however we always try to arrange a date suitable for both the tenant and landlord.


What is supplied in the property?

This depends on whether the property is furnished or unfurnished and if any requirements have been agreed. Most properties will include white good, including fridge, freezer, washing machine, oven, cooker, hobs and extractor unless the landlord and tenant have agreed otherwise.


Am I allowed to put things on the walls?

We ask for all properties to be returned back in the same condition as when you moved in. If the property is managed, please check with us before carrying out anything that may damage or cause damage in the future to the property. For non-managed properties, please contact you landlord directly.


Who is responsible for contacting utility suppliers and arranging council tax?

If you property is managed by us, we shall contact all utility suppliers and necessary council to inform them of your tenancy. They in turn will contact yourselves as the new tenants, from which you can choose whether you would like to remain with the current suppliers or change to a different one.


When is my rent due?

You rent will be due every month on the date that the tenancy commenced. Please see your tenancy as it will state when this date is.


How can I pay my rent?

Rent may be paid via cash in the office or via BACs transfer. Please allow consideration to the amount of time it may take for your bank to transfer the funds and clear into our account. We advise to set up a direct debit at the beginning of your tenancy in order that rent it paid on time.


Can I get a parking permit for this property?

Yes. Once you have signed your tenancy, you may get a parking permit from your local council. Please not you will need your tenancy as well as vehicle information in order to get your permit. We advise to check with your council regarding which documents you will need to supply.


Can I change the telephone and internet suppliers?

Yes, once you have moved into your property, you may change both your telephone and internet supplier to a supplier of your choice.


Will I incur any fees at the start, during or end of my tenancy?

All new tenants are required to pay an administration fee of £108 per person upon acceptance of your offer. This fee covers your referencing checks (carried out via Homelet) alongside all administration. The only other fee you will incur is at the end of your tenancy Inventories fees are split between the landlord and tenant, meaning the landlord will incur the check-in inventory fee and the tenant will incur the check-out inventory fee.


Who carries out the inventory check?

Inventories are carried out via a third party company. This ensures a non-biased inventory via an independent party. Both the landlord and tenant will be required to sign the inventory providing security for both parties.



Facebook Twitter Linkedin Google Youtube Pinterest

Property Search

Search our properties to let:
Number of Bedrooms

Get in touch with us:

T: 0208 348 1111 / 0208 348 2545

E: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Download Our

Hornsey Agencies

Rental List

I have been renting with Hornsey Agencies for the past few years. I have found them to ...
"Daniel Stoenel